Thursday, February 4, 2010

Seminar Updates

Well the 2010 show season keeps rolling along.  Last weekend I provided an all day tying session for the Central Alberta Fly Tying Club in Red Deer.   The class was a complete sellout with over 26 people choosing to spend the day with me.  We focused upon a cross section of fly patterns from my latest book, Stillwater Selections.


A typical instructional day lasts from 9am-4pm and features a blend of PowerPoint seminars and on camera tying instruction.  I use a video camera as a teaching tool to project my patterns onto a screen providing students with an easy to follow and see guide to the pattern.  This enables me to provide detailed instruction for everyone that was traditionally challenging for a large audience.  You have to love technology when it works for you!
 
 


The next couple of months are busy.  In the coming weeks I will be in Boise Idaho, Pleasanton California and Abbotsford B.C. (about 1 hour west of Vancouver).  Please visit the calendar section of my website for further information.

I will also be hosting a weekend stillwater school in partnership with the Fishin' Hole here in Alberta from May 28-30 at the Lazy M Ranch located in the Caroline/Rocky Mountain House region of the province.  If you are interested in joining me for this fun educational weekend please contact Brian Wiebe at the Fishin' Hole.  Brian can be reached at 780-475-0555 or via email at north@thefishinhole.com.


Stay tuned, as I will be providing further information regarding additional weekend seminars and hosted trips as they become finalized.  If your club or group is interested in one of of my weekend, all day or evening seminars please contact me at flycraft@shaw.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment